Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

1st Trip booked

OK, the initial results from the Bird Fair didn't look too promising.

Well that's just first impressions and they can be misleading especially once you get to know me.
So much so, that I was quite taken by a proposed trip organised by Greig Smith Travels to the island of Palawan in the Philippines.
This was to be lead by well known TV naturalist and presenter Nigel Marven.
I've seen a lot of his work on telly including series on dinosaurs and running around after venomous snakes, for some unknown reason I didn't let that put me off.
It was to be for 2 weeks starting on the 16th October this year, not too long to wait aye!
Some of the proposed highlights included;
Searching for Philippine cobra's (can't wait for this one).
Swimming with Whale Sharks, this will be a shock, I wonder if they have ever swam with anything so big.
Searching for Tarsiers, a small fury mammal about the size of my hand, which looks something like a Bush Baby with its huge eyes.
A night out looking for Fire Fly's, should hopefully be illuminating.
Spending a couple of days and nights with the local Batak tribe learning how they hunt, I can see me going hungry.
Even though it sounds very adventurous and out there 'roughing it', I've been assured that the accommodation is all 5 star. I hope they're aren't the ones I can see through the ceiling!
Anyway I've looked on Youtube and it really looks a super place.

I suppose I'm going to need some vaccinations ...............


No comments:

Post a Comment